Please read these Terms and Policies carefully before you start to use our Website or our
mobile application. We recommend
that you print a copy of these for future reference.
Use of the Platform
the Platform (either the website or
method you have used to access the Platform, including but not limited to the
internet, digital television services
and mobile phone.
Platform. You should read all of the Platform
Accessing our Platform
- Access to our Platform is made available free of charge and permitted on a
temporary basis. We reserve the right
to withdraw or amend our Platform (and any services offered on them) without
notice. We will not be liable if for
any reason our Platform or any part of it is unavailable at any time or for any
- We update our Platform from time to time and so may change the content at any
time without notice to you. We reserve
the right to withdraw, vary or suspend the Platform (or any part of it) at any
time without notice.
- Materials and information posted on our Platform are not intended as advice and
should not be relied upon as such.
We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance
placed on such information to
the fullest extent permissible by all applicable laws.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary to access and view
this Platform and should ensure you
have up to date anti-virus software on any device from which you access our
- You are responsible for ensuring that all persons accessing our Platform through
your internet connection are aware
- You are responsible for keeping all your account information up to date
including valid email address. In order to purchase Products on the Platform you
must provide a valid postal address.
- Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy,
France, Spain, Austria, Italy, Netherlands and Ireland. We do not represent that
Products available on or through our Platform are available for purchase in
other locations. We may limit the availability of our Platform or any Products
described on our Platform to any person or geographic area at any time. If you
choose to access our site from outside the the serviced countries, you do so at
your own risk.
Misuse of our Platform
- You must not misuse our Platform by:
- knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, time bombs,
keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or
other material, programme or code which adversely affects the operation
of any computer software or hardware
(or is designed to do so); and/or
- gaining or attempting to gain unauthorised access to the server on which
our Platform is stored or any server,
computer or database connected to our Platform; and/or
- attacking our Platform via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed
- Breach of this clause might constitute a criminal offence under the Computer
Misuse Act 1990. We will report any
such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate
with those authorities by disclosing
your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our
Platform will cease immediately.
- All visitors to the Platform will be able to view and browse both the Website
and the App without signing up or registering
as a Customer. However, you will need to set up an account and create a user
profile as a Customer in order to
access some of the content on the Platform such as creating a wishlist. By
successfully creating a user profile
you will become a “User”.
- Registration as a User will require you to provide some personal details (such
as your full name, email address and
password or provide access to a third party account such as Facebook (or another
social network site) to create
your log in details. You consent to the use of this information to create and
manage your account and acknowledge
that we rely on the information provided by you during the registration process
being true, accurate, current and
complete. You must notify us of any change to such information by updating your
- Should a User proceed to purchase a Product, then additional personal
information at checkout will be required (such as your billing address and
shipping address) and it will be required to select a payment method available
on the Platform. Merchants will receive all the customers’ data which is needed
to ship the order, namely: full name, shipping and billing address, email and
- Our Platform and its services to Users and Customers are only available to, and
may only be used by, individuals
over the age of 18 and who are capable of entering into a legally binding
contract under the laws of England and
Wales. By registering as a User you are representing and warranting to both
TRENDEO and to Sellers
that you are over the age of 18.
- Any personal information that you provide to us in the course of becoming a User
or after registration will be held and used in accordance with any consent
obtained from you and the terms of our Privacy and Cookies Policy, regarding
- We reserve the right to suspend or cancel membership to the Platform and/or
withdraw any or all User's rights at any time, except the GDPR mandatory rights.
When an account is cancelled, we will also delete all the personal data related
to it. We shall not be liable for any loss or damages whatsoever arising from a
User’s inability to access any pages on the Platform.
- You must use your log in details (namely your email address and password or via
your social media account where you
have registered via a social network) to access certain parts of the Platform
(i.e. to create a wishlist or make
a purchase). It is your responsibility to keep your log in details including
your password secure. You are fully
responsible for all activity, liability and any damage resulting from your
failure to maintain your passwords or
log in details confidentiality. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify us for any
loss or damage we suffer as a result
of unauthorised access to your account. You are solely responsible for the use
of your account, irrespective of
who is utilising it, whether with or without your permission and agree to not
provide your log in details or your
username or password to any other party (other than with us to access the
Platform) without our express written
- We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether
chosen by you or allocated by us,
at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of
the provisions of any of our Terms
- We cannot guarantee the true identity, age, and nationality of a User and
encourage all Users to communicate directly
regarding any potential transactions through the “Contact Shop” button available
on the Platform. We strongly ask
that you do not arrange to meet any Users from the Platform in person.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your log in details or
there is any breach of security, you
agree to immediately notify us at email@example.com.
- Users may browse the Platform, browse Products or create, save and amend
wishlists on the Platform. This will create
no obligation between the Seller and the User. However, each order placed by
you, the Customer, with a Seller shall
be deemed to be an offer by you to purchase the relevant Product(s) from the
Seller and shall be subject to these
Terms and Policies together with any terms and details provided for on the
relevant Product page.
- Each order you place shall be deemed to be an offer by you to purchase the goods
and/or services specified within is subject to the Customer Terms and the
applicable details on the product page. No order shall be deemed to be accepted
by the Seller until we (acting as the commercial agent of the Seller) issue an
email acknowledgement of order. The contract for purchase of the Product(s) is
solely between you and that relevant Seller and will relate only to that/those
Product(s) notified in the email acknowledgement of order.
- All Product sales are legally binding on both the Seller and the Customer. The
Customer is responsible for ensuring
prompt payment is made to the Seller and that all payment details and postage
details supplied are true and accurate
to allow for prompt delivery.
- The Seller is responsible for prompt delivery of any Products purchased by the
Customer in accordance with our guidelines
and any delivery terms specified at time of purchase, subject to any exceptional
- Any Products purchased via the Platform may only be paid using the payment
methods available on the Platform from
time to time. Upon choosing a payment, a pop up window for payment of that third
party site will appear to make
the necessary payment to the relevant Seller.
- All Product prices shall be shown in UK pounds (GBP) or in Euro (EUR) and
payment shall be made in the respective currency displayed.
- Customers accept that some banks may charge additional fees for certain
Refusal of transaction
- The Seller reserves the right to refuse to process any purchase for any valid
reason, at their discretion or at the
request of TRENDEO. Neither the Seller nor TRENDEO will be liable to you or any
third party as a result of either
refusing to process a purchase or suspending any purchase after processing has
Delivery and returns
- Your shopping basket on the Platform shall display the Product(s) you have
chosen to purchase from a Seller. The
Seller’s delivery costs and details of postage and packing shall also be
displayed alongside the Products in your
shopping basket. The delivery costs and estimated date for delivery of Products
may vary according to the delivery
methods. Delivery costs for Products purchased from the same Seller may be
- Any delivery times quoted are in working days (excluding weekends and public or
bank holidays) and shall be in accordance
with the standards and guidelines we set for Sellers.
- Where a Seller is prevented from or delayed in delivering Products in accordance
with the delivery times set out
in the confirmation email due to circumstances beyond our or the Seller’s
control (including but not limited to
acts of God, war, national emergency, riot, civil commotion, act of terrorism,
fire, explosion, flood, lock outs,
strikes or labour disputes, delays affecting suppliers, carriers, or delays
and/or inability to obtain supplies)
then the Seller’s obligation to delivery shall be deemed to be suspended for the
period of time that such circumstances
continue. Where such circumstance continues for a period of 14 days the Customer
shall be entitled to a full refund
and may apply to the Seller to request same.
- Any exchange, refund or return of any Product will be managed by
TRENDEO via the “Contact us” form at the bottom of our website.
Any returns or refunds shall be made by the Seller in accordance with their
statutory legal obligations and our Return Policy.
Posting User Generated Content
- Users may post reviews or comments of a Product purchased via the Platform and
any such reviews / comments / text
or otherwise shall be User Generated Content (“UGC”) for the
purposes of our Terms and Policies.
- Any UGC posted by you will be attributed to the username you provide but we will
not publish your email address on
the Platform unless you have consented to this via your privacy settings.
- We reserve the right to refuse to publish any UGC (or remove without notice any
previously published UGC). We shall
not be liable for any loss or damages whatsoever arising from such decision to
refuse to publish (or to remove
previously published) UGC.
- We also reserve the right to close your User account and/or ban you from being
able to post UGC to the Platform if
you persistently and/or seriously breach the terms of the User Generated Content
- Views and opinions expressed in UGC submitted by Users or other members of the
public are those of the individual
submitting the UGC, not those of TRENDEO and we accept no
responsibility for the content of such
- However, if you find any UGC on the Platform to be in any way offensive,
obscene, defamatory, racist, harmful, inaccurate,
unlawful, illegal or deceptive in any way, please notify us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject
heading "Objectionable Content". On receipt of your complaint we may remove or
block access to
the UGC complained of.
- We expressly reserve all intellectual property rights in and to the Platform and
all information, images, and other
content displayed on the Platform (“Materials”). Our
intellectual property in the Platform includes
without limitation any source code, product recipes, usage data, ideas,
enhancements, feature requests, suggestions
or other information provided by you. You hereby assign all current and future
rights to such intellectual property,
which we can use for any purpose relating to the Platform or our business.
- Unless we expressly agree otherwise, you shall not copy all or any part of the
Platform for your own commercial purposes.
- Your use of the Platform and the Materials is subject to the following
restrictions. You must not:
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the
- use any Materials from the Platform in any manner that may infringe any
copyright, intellectual property right
or proprietary right of us or any third parties; and/or
- use, or cause others to use, any automated system or software to extract
content or data from the Platform ("screen
scraping"), except in cases where you or any applicable third party has
entered into a written licence agreement
directly with us that expressly permits such activity; and/or
- reproduce, modify, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate,
broadcast, frame (or use any other browser
or border environment), communicate to the public or circulate to any
third party or exploit the Platform and/or
the Materials for any commercial purpose.
Trademarks and other rights
We expressly reserve all rights in and to the www.trendeo.com
domain name and all related domains and sub-domains, the name "
TRENDEO ", our logo, the look and feel
of the Platform, service marks, trading names and/or trademarks (registered, pending
or otherwise). Other trademarks, products and company names mentioned on the
Platform may be trademarks of their respective owners or licensors and the rights in
such marks are reserved to their respective owners or licensors.
Linking to our Platform
- You may link to the homepage of the Platform, for non-commercial purposes
provided that you do so in a way that is
fair and legal and which does not damage our reputation or take unfair advantage
of it. For the avoidance of doubt,
the linking site must not contain any adult or illegal material or any material
that is offensive, harassing or
- You must not link to our Platform in such a way as to suggest any form of
association, approval or endorsement on
our part where none exists. You must not remove or obscure by framing or
otherwise, advertisements, any copyright
notice, or other information published on the Platform.
- Our Platform must not be framed or be subjected to any other browser or border
environment on any other site.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by
- If you would like to link to our Platform for commercial purposes or any purpose
not included above, please contact
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission at any time and without
Privacy, your personal data and cookies
The privacy of your personal data is important to us. Please see our Privacy and
regarding GDPR requirements.
Third party content and third party websites
- Our Platform may contain advertising submitted by third parties. Such third
parties are solely responsible for the
content of such advertising and for ensuring that it complies with all relevant
legislation and regulations. We
do not accept any responsibility for the content of any third party advertising.
- Our Platform and/or the Materials may contain links to third party websites. If
you decide to visit any third party
site, you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible or liable directly or
indirectly for the content, accuracy
or opinions expressed in such websites or the standard of goods or services
available through or on such websites.
Unless expressly stated otherwise, links do not imply that we are, or our
Platform is, affiliated to or associated
with such sites.
- Our communications with you may contain information sourced from third party
websites. Material from a third party
site will be marked as such and a link to the source website may be provided. We
accept no responsibility or liability
for any material supplied by or contained on any third party website which is
linked from our communications with
you, or any use of personal data by such a third party.
- The inclusion of any link in our communications with you does not imply
endorsement by us of the linked site. If
you decide to access linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk.
- Please remember that when you use a link to go from our Platform to another
website, our Terms and Polices (including
our Privacy and Cookies Policy) will no longer be applicable. Your browsing and
interaction on any other website,
including websites which are linked to our Platform, is subject to that
website’s own terms and policies. Please
read those terms and policies before proceeding.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, we exclude and disclaim all
warranties, terms, conditions and representations
that might otherwise be implied by law in relation to this Platform. In
particular, we do not represent or warrant
that the Platform will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful
components, or that defects will be corrected.
You must take your own precautions in this respect. In any event, we will not be
liable for any loss or damage
caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other
technologically harmful material that may infect
your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material
due to your use of our Platform.
- We do not accept liability for any failure to maintain the Platform.
- We do not accept any liability for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort
(including negligence), breach of
statutory duty or otherwise (even if foreseeable) arising under or in connection
with: (a) use of, or inability
to use, the Platform; or (b) use of, or reliance on, any content displayed on
the Platform, including the Materials,
(c) the merchantable quality, standard or fitness for purpose of any Products
offered for sale by Sellers (d) the
delivery, lead time, condition, packaging, shipment or otherwise of the Products
and (e) any other matters directly
or indirectly related to the transaction between Customer and the Sellers. In
particular, we will not be liable
for loss of profits, sales, business or revenue, business interruption, loss of
anticipated savings, loss of business
opportunity, goodwill or reputation, or any indirect or consequential loss or
- Nothing in these Terms and Policies shall give rise to TRENDEO
(or any parent company, subsidiary,
officer, director, employee or supplier or otherwise) being held liable for any
damages whatsoever, whether direct,
indirect, compensatory, general, special, consequential, and/or incidental,
arising out of or relating to the conduct
of any user, Customer, Seller or anyone else in connection with the use of the
Platform, any policies or agreements
referred to herein, any services offered via the Platform, including without
limitation, loss of profits, sales,
business or revenue, injury, emotional distress, or any special, incidental or
- For the avoidance of doubt any liability of TRENDEO, or any of its officers,
directors, employees, and suppliers,
to you or any third parties in any circumstance is limited to the greater of (a)
the amount you have paid via the
Platform in Product purchases in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise
to liability, or (b) £100.
nothing in these Platform Terms of
Use shall exclude our liability for death or personal injury arising through
negligence, for fraud or fraudulent
misrepresentation and/or anything else that cannot be excluded or limited by us
under English law.
Interactions between Users
- Customers cannot contact a shop directly; all communication is moderated by
TRENDEO via the "Contact Us" form at the bottom of our website.
A Seller has the
ability to contact the purchaser of any Product. Messages are intended for
communicating about Products, transactions and orders that are underway.
- Users are responsible for interactions with other Users. All parties agree to
exercise caution and we strongly ask
you not to arrange to meet any Users from the Platform in person.
- Where giving personal information to a User via messaging please ensure that
such information is necessary for the
transaction. Do not give any credit card or other bank details to any Seller,
nor should a Seller request same
via the messaging service.
- The availability of messaging service provided on the Platform should not be
used to send spam, unsolicited emails,
promotions, advertising or to harass, threaten or abuse any User. Please contact
us at email@example.com with the
title “Messaging Abuse” should you receive unwanted, threatening or any messages
which breaches our Terms
- Any disputes between one or more users of the Platform, particularly between
Customer and Sellers, should attempt
to be resolved amicably and quickly between the parties, each party acting in
good faith. Should the parties fail
to resolve the matter within 14 days of the dispute arising, either party may
notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and
we, in our sole discretion, may seek to assist the parties to resolve the
reported dispute. Each party acknowledges
that TRENDEO is not directly involved in any transactions
between the parties and therefore is
under no obligation to resolves dispute and may choose to do so in good faith.
In circumstances where TRENDEO agrees, acting in good faith, to
assist in resolving a dispute they shall not offer any judgement and shall make
no decisions regarding any claims, demands for payments or legal issues. Any
disputes relating to financial transactions
between Customers and Sellers shall be determined by the relevant financial
payment service available on our Platform.
- All users of the Platform agree and acknowledge that any dispute, including but
not limited to disputes between Customers
and Sellers, are a matter for those parties and TRENDEO shall
not be liable for and shall be released
from any and all claims, damages (actual and consequential), statutory demands
or other demand notices arising
out of or in any way connected with such dispute.
Trendeo (together with our offices, director, employees) shall not
be liable and give no warranty
(whether express, implied or statutory) as to the title, merchantability,
performance, fitness for a particular purpose
and non-infringement of any Product. In addition, no advice or information of any
kind (written or otherwise) obtained
by you via the Platform shall create any warranty. Nothing in these Terms and
Policies shall create any warranty
or any condition (express, implied, statutory or otherwise) with respect to the
Platform or its use thereof by any
user, Customer or Seller.
You agree to indemnify and hold TRENDEO (including any parent
company, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers,
directors, agents, and employees) harmless from any claim or demand, including
reasonable legal fees, made by any
third party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms and Policies or any
other document, policy or otherwise
incorporated by reference, or your breach of any law or the rights of a third party.
Nothing in our Terms and Policies shall be deemed to establish any partnership, joint
venture or agency, employee-employer
or franchiser-franchisee relationship between any and each of
TRENDEO, the users, Customers or Sellers
of the Platform. Nor shall any part of our Terms and Policies authorise any party to
make or enter into any commitments
for or on behalf of any other party.
date version will be available
that you are happy with any changes.
you have been notified of the
changes on our Platform and / or if you continue to access, browse or use the
Platform, where the updated Platform
We operate the Platform from the United Kingdom and serve the following countries:
United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Ireland, Netherlands and Austria. We
make no representation that the Platform is appropriate or available in other
locations. If you access the Platform from other locations, you are solely
responsible for compliance with local laws.
You are responsible for and shall comply with all applicable domestic and / or
international laws and regulations regarding
your use of the Platform including but not limited to any offers to purchase
Products via the Platform, an agreement
to purchase Products and the subsequent payment of all applicable taxes upon the
purchase of such Products.
The English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or dispute arising
from or related to a visit to
the Platform (including non-contractual disputes or claims). English Law will apply
If you have any concerns or queries about material which appears on the Platform or
if you have questions about your